New interface - more possibilities
Over the last couple of weeks we have been working hard on the latest edu-sharing stable version (4.0.0). We 're happy to announce that the final stable release is now ready and published on our website. From now on, we're using our new front-end technology, which gives edu-sharing users a better look and ease of use, as well as optimized use on tablets and smartphones . Numerous new features are also included:
- a new license wizard
- accessibility improvement
- new content source connection to Pixabay
- ...and much more...
on this page:
Your workspace is now clearer and faster. You can easily drag and drop files, create new content and share it. But the best thing about it: You can manage your files easily and intuitively, not only on tablets, but also on smartphones.
Search, Find and Collect
The search views have also been optimized making finding your own or shared material even easier, as well as content from connected sources such as Pixabay and YouTube.
The detailed view of a material is clearer and more appealing than before. In addition to a thumbnail and the most important actions, you will be presented withl important information about the content.
QA & Workflows
Quality assurance is now even easier. You can now support workflows between your author and editorial team.
Repository & Rendering Service
- new frontend technology: Angular replaces GWT
- Responsive UI
- Collections are displayed in the search
- Find Pixabay Images in our search environment
- Find interactive Learning Apps in our search environment
- Edit html text files in your browser with connected TinyMCE editor
- new dialog to assign a license
- new detail view for contents and their metadata
- new dialog to share material with users and groups
- improved usability to publish content
- Share a link to download materials
- Improvements of admin tools
- own UI for LDAP user management
- new public search frontpage
- Drag & Drop support
- lazy loading instead of paging
- improved extended search with new widgets (like sliders, ... ), improved search results
- use file trees and competence grids in extended search
- new UI for using different metadata sets
Plug-Ins & Connectors
- Make it work with Angular
- Improvements in stability
- better labeling of materials that must not be used
- grafical improvements
- new license icons on added content
- Bug fixes