As of version 4.0 it is possible to grant guest access to moodle courses using edu-sharing resources. This is especially helpful for demo courses you would like to present to external users.
- Log into your moodle as an administrator and go to:
Dashboard / Site administration / Plugins / Activity modules / edu-sharing resource
- Scroll all the way down. Here you can find the "Guest properties" section.
- Activate the "guest_option".
- Create a guest user in Alfresco or using the edu-sharing permissions tool. Copy and paste the user_id and the password to the homeApplication.properties.xml of the repository.
- Now switch back to moodle enter the user id in the corresponding field of the "Guest properties" section.