for users with access to the Moodle server
You will need the following packages in order to use the edu-sharing moodle integration:
- the edu-sharing plugin for Moodle which adds a new option to the activities/resource menu. https://github.com/edu-sharing/plugin-moodle-edu-sharing
- the edu-sharing filter for moodle which displays embedded content https://github.com/edu-sharing/plugin-moodle-edu-sharing-filter
- the edu-sharing atto plugin for the integration of edu-sharing content in WYSIWYG areas https://github.com/edu-sharing/moodle-atto_edusharing
- the optional edu-sharing "workspace button" which takes you to the edu-sharing gui from Moodle https://github.com/edu-sharing/plugin-moodle-edu-sharing-workspace
Rename the paths of the downloaded and extracted folders to 'edusharing' and copy them to the following directories in Moodle:
- the edu-sharing plugin: /moodle/mod/edusharing/
- the edu-sharing filter: /moodle/filter/edusharing/
- the edu-sharing atto plugin: /moodle/lib/editor/atto/plugins/edusharing/
- the edu-sharing "workspace button": /moodle/blocks/edusharing-workspace/
for users without access to their Moodle server
If you don't have access to your Moodle directory (like most people using hosted Moodle installations) you can install the edu-sharing plugins for Moodle from the official Moodle plugin repository.
For the full edu-sharing experience we suggest you install all edu-sharing plugins.
- The edu-sharing activity plugin has to be installed since the other plugins rely on it. It adds a new option to the activities/resource menu. Using the edu-sharing resource allows you to either pick content from the repository or upload it to a folder of the repository.
- The edu-sharing editor atto plugin adds the option to embed all kinds of edu-sharing content to all WYSIWYG fields.
The edu-sharing filter displays edu-sharing content embedded in WYSIWYG fields using the editor plugin.
- The edu-sharing workspace block adds a button taking you to the edu-sharing workspace and the edu-sharing search engine.