- Extract all files to the desired destination folder of your server.
- Make sure the apache-user (e.g. "www-data") can read / write in this directory.
- Create a new directory to cache files for the rendering service. This directory should not be in the docroot. Make sure the apache-user can also read / write in this directory.
- Edit the Apache configuration for the corresponding folder like in this example:
Options indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
Require all granted
To start the install-process, open a browser and enter the URL of your rendering service (e. g.
"http://yourdomain.de/esrender/"). You should be redirected and the installation should start automatically.
Start of the installation
In the background the install routine will check if your server meets the minimum-requirements. If there are missing Apache / PHP Modules, they are listed for easy subsequent installation.
If your MySQL/PHP-Installation is outdated, there will be also a hint.
If your setup is meets the requirements you will be forwarded to step 3 (Image 3).
You will need to provide the following data:
- Server Settings
- Rendering service URL (the URL where the rendering service will be installed)
- BASEDIR (absolute path to install-directory on server – e.g. "/var/www/esrender/")
- Data-Directory (absolute path to the datadirectory on the server)
- Home-Repository Settings
- Repository Base-URL
- Database Settings
- Dat Base (MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL)
- Host (e.g. 127.0.0.1 for a local DB)
- Port (MySQL-Standard 3306, PostgreSQL-Standard 5432)
- User (Name of the DB user you are using for the rendering service)
- Password (password for the DB User)
- Database-Name: (Name of the DB the rendering service uses – the selected user needs the appropriate rights for this DB)
The next step finishes the installation.
Finishing the installation