Metadata editing for multiple objects
Sharing settings for multiple objects
Quick editing of selected metadata
QR Code with link to object
... and many other features
This release was mainly developed in cooperation with:
- Zentrales OER-Repositorium der Hochschulen in Baden-Württemberg (ZOERR)
- Pädagogisches Landesinstitut - Bildungsserver Rheinland-Pfalz
- metaVentis GmbH
on this page:
New metadata interfaces
The flexible metadata editor of edu-sharing gets a new design and numerous improvements.
The new design makes use of modern web components and optimizes barrier-free accessibility. In addition, a more efficient handling was implemented.
A meter of how much metadata has already been filled in or is necessary for publication supports authors in providing metadata.
Individual metadata fields can now be automatically shown and hidden dynamically depending on selected metadata
Documents can now be filed as copies when they are released to the public.
The copies of published objects are transferred to the editorial department and stored in an audit-proof manner.
In this way, valuable, free content is not accidentally lost.
Self-registration for groups
With the group self-enrollment we facilitate the administrators' work. Groups can now be opened for independent enrollment by users. There are 3 options for self-enrollment:
- Enrollment without restriction
- Enrollment with password
- Enrollment with waiting list
Video rendering and scenes
As of version 6.0, the rendering service offers every video with sufficient quality in three different resolutions. This saves your users valuable bandwidth.
Since version 6.0, it is still possible to determine at which point the playback of videos used in collections should start and stop. Thus, it is possible to uncomplicatedly offer a selected part of a video that thematically fits the collection.
Elasticsearch search engine
With the help of the additional "Elastic Tracker" tool, Elasticsearch can now be used instead of Solr
- Better performance compared to Solr
- Complete permission information (e.g. write or delete permissions) are retrievable per user
- Metadata value ranges are full-text searchable in different languages (e.g. full-text search for "worksheet" or "German")
- Usage data is included in the index and can be used for search rankings
API, Management Tools & Import
The API now offers new functionalities and features, including:
- Automated bulk update of media content (external import)
- AuthByApp + Usage functionalities via REST API (plugins don't need SOAP anymore)
- Extensive job tools for automated (CSV) mapping of value ranges, bulk modification of records and more